The UFO’s have landed!! Below are the ten finalists for the Quilting Is Murder – Save a UFO Challenge. Take a look and vote for your TWO favorite quilts. Don’t forget to read the stories: these quilts are all super special! For some, you’ll need click the link to go to Flickr to read the full story.
Voting closes midnight February 19th, 2012. Forward the contest info to your quilting friends and share the love.
On February 20th, we’ll award the quilt that receives the most votes a brand new bernette 25 sewing machine. The 9 runners up will receive a set of Quilting Is Murder lapel pins and both copies of the Quilter’s Cookbook from the Quilting Gallery. Please refer to the full contest info page for how the votes are calculated for this contest.
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the TWO quilts you want to vote for.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilts (from home if you send it to coworkers).
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Quilting Is Murder UFO Challenge
- Heron at Sunrise (34%, 288 Votes)
- Mom's Crochet and Quilt (31%, 263 Votes)
- Painted Plates (23%, 192 Votes)
- Leprechaun Quilt (15%, 129 Votes)
- 10 yr. old UFO!! (8%, 70 Votes)
- Thea's Off Center Star (8%, 65 Votes)
- Good Morning Sunshine Centers (5%, 44 Votes)
- Asian Fan Quilt (4%, 38 Votes)
- Sleeping Cats 006 (1%, 9 Votes)
- May 2011 UFO (1%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 848
It was not easy for the killer shop judges to choose the ten finalists. Check out the Flickr Group to see all the entries.
Be My Valentine – Weekly Quilt Contest
Don’t forget to enter this week’s Be My Valentine quilt contest. For this contest, you can also enter other items made with fabric that fit the theme… and quilts too, of course. The Fat Quarter Shop are giving away this beautiful jelly roll of Always & Forever by Deb Strain for this week’s winner.