Super Deal from Fort Worth Fabric Studio
Fort Worth Fabric Studio is an online quilt store full of fabulous fabrics, bundles, kits, and patterns! You can expect great customer service with special attention to your order. Nearly always, next day shipping and many times, same day shipping! We promise you "online service with a smile."
We are home of the Friday Bundle Batch, an assortment of fabrics that are hand-selected to perfectly complement each other! Check for a new Bundle each Friday!
Today’s Super Deal:
40% OFF all Curio by BasicGrey for Moda. No special code is required. The discount applies to all Curio Yardage, Layer Cakes, Quilt Kits (very limited quantity), and coordinating patterns! SALE runs until December 6 at midnight, CST.
Get your Super Deal Savings here!
Featured Designer: Anina McMurdo
What is your quilting style?
It’s hard to define my quilting style, but overall I’d definitely say it’s more modern. I love designing patterns, but I also have a passion for using traditional patterns in a modern way.
Currently I’m working on two (actually three) “Dear Jane” quilts. The original quilt is a Civil War quilt, but I’m not a fan of Civil war fabrics.
How did you get started quilting and/or designing?
I grew up knowing how to sew. My mom used to sew a lot of my clothes and she would help me make outfits for my Barbies.
I got into quilting when I noticed one of the other soccer moms working on a quilt next to the practice field – way back when my son was five and the moms spent every single practice and game next to the field. I asked her about it and she very kindly agreed to show me.
This was my first project:
I started off very country and thought that was how all quilts looked. In the beginning I also made quilts only using patterns.
And then I got “brave”…
Do you have a favourite quilt?
I’d have to say that my favorite quilt is the Christmas Zig Zag quilt I made in 2008. My how time flies!
I made a pieced back which I love almost as much as the front.
Especially the little “oops” in the corner.
Quick and fun questions:
- Favourite colour: DEFINITELY pink
- What part of the quilting process do you like the most? making blocks
- What part of the quilting process do you dislike the most? basting
- Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or: strawberry, of course
- Favourite super hero or comic book character: I love Tigger. Always upbeat and full of energy.
- Most exciting place you’ve travelled: don’t know about exciting, but I love Maui. I’d move there if I could. I’ve been to Africa (actually I grew up in Africa) – that’s exciting in most people’s eyes.
- Favourite quote or mantra: This changes constantly but I love all quotes by Dr. Seuss. An all time favorite is: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
Block 35 – Anina’s Tree Toppers
Here’s Anina’s Tree Toppers block. Don’t worry, it’s not as difficult as it might look. Anina’s created a great photo tutorial to help you create this block. Be sure to download the PDF file then follow along the photos to create the star triangles. Head over to her blog for the info.
Share Your Photos
Upload your completed blocks to our Flickr group for a chance to win some adorable buttons from Button Mad – Incomparable Buttons. One winner for each of our quilt-along blocks will be randomly chosen. You have three weeks to complete Anina’s Tree Toppers block to be eligible to win.
Download My FREE Gift for You:
Stay in touch ... Join my NEWSLETTER: