It’s the last week of our Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along. I’m sorry to see it end. It sure has been great fun meeting so many fabulous designers and seeing all the gorgeous blocks they’ve designed and that you’ve created in the Flickr group.
Super Deal from the Fat Quarter Shop
Fat Quarter Shop is the online quilt store with the best and widest selection of yardage, fat quarter bundles, specialty cuts, quilt kits and patterns. We also offer access to many wonderful quilt clubs, block-of-the-month programs and exclusive projects.
Most of all, we pride ourselves in our top-notch customer service, with friendly, knowledgeable representatives and speedy same-day shipping. Our user-friendly web site makes it easy to find the collection, designer and even the theme you are seeking. Fat Quarter Shop has all you need for your next project, so start shopping with us today!
Today’s Super Deal:
50% OFF Reindeer Games by Sandy Gervais for Moda Fabrics. Enter code REINDEERGAMES at checkout. Expires Monday, December 5th @ midnight CST.
Get your Super Deal Savings here!
Featured Designer: Joanna – Shape Moth
What is your quilting style?
It depends on the project. I like modern quilts with simple, geometric shapes and bold colours or rainbows. On the other hand, I create art quilts and use batiks there. In my projects I use a lot of raw edge appliqué, paper piecing and sometimes embroidery:
How did you get started quilting and/or designing?
It was purely an accident. I did my first quilt in May 2010 for my friend’s baby. And since then I can’t stop.
Do you have a favourite quilt?
That was my first try on raw edge appliqué. I love wolves and this one became special to me.
Quick and fun questions:
- Favourite colour: rainbow (my moods for colours change quite quickly)
- What part of the quilting process do you like the most? Sewing the binding. In an art quilts – creating the appliqué. It’s similar to puzzles.
- What part of the quilting process do you dislike the most? Free motion quilting. Itself it’s not so bad, but I have really tiny sewing machine and quilting bigger projects can be a nightmare.
- Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or: chocolate. Lots of chocolate ;)
- Favourite super hero or comic book character: I’m more an anime/manga fan, and my favourite is Alucard from Hellsing.
- Most exciting place you’ve travelled: Paris.
Block 34 – Joanna’s Snow Cristal
Here’s Joanna’s Snow Cristal block. It will look gorgeous in many different fabrics. Head over to her blog to download the paper piecing pattern and learn how to put together this unique block.
Share Your Photos
Upload your completed blocks to our Flickr group for a chance to win some adorable buttons from Button Mad – Incomparable Buttons. One winner for each of our quilt-along blocks will be randomly chosen. You have three weeks to complete Joanna’s Snow Cristal block to be eligible to win.