Super Deal from Mad About Patchwork
At Mad About Patchwork, shop online for the fabrics you love!
- Kona solids (over 130 colors)
- Modern fabric choices from Michael Miller, Riley Blake, Westminster and more
- Cozy fleece and flannel, books & patterns, and exclusive quilt kits
- Free shipping on Canadian orders over $150
Today’s Super Deal:
Save over 40% on Over The River by Barbara Jones â€“ $6/yard and $1.50/fat quarter. No coupon code needed. Sale runs until November 30th.
Get your Super Deal Savings here!
Featured Designer: Lisa Sipes
What is your quilting style?
I don’t really have one. Since I’ve only been quilting for three years (just had my anniversary!), I can’t say I’ve had a chance yet to develop my own quilting style. I have a certain amount of appreciation for all styles, but definitely have my favorites that I adapt as much as possible to make them more my own. Yet they’re not my own.
Eventually, I want people to be able to look at my work and say, “That’s Lisa’s”! One day. I guess for now the only word I can use to describe my style is “happy”. Everything I do makes me happy, for the most part. That said I have a project that I’m working on that’s really depressing. But I’m getting it all out. And that makes me happy.
How did you get started quilting and/or designing?
I still don’t have a good answer for this question. I’m asked so often and I never know what to say. I sort of fell (or was thrown) into it. I’ve held several different jobs in several different fields and I scoffed at the idea of quilting, especially for a living because I had no idea what quilting was all about. However, the first time I got my hands on a longarm, I decided this was something I wanted to pursue. It took me a couple of months after that to finally start piecing my very first quilt and the rest is history.
Do you have a favourite quilt?
My favorite quilt(s) is(are) going to be no surprise to anyone that is familiar with my blog or that knows me. My very favorite thus far is definitely my BeDazzled quilt. Why? Well just look at it!
And my second favorite has to be Sedona Star. It is the Block of the Month quilt for 2012 (yes, NEXT year) for The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. I really didn’t get many good pictures of it before handing it over to them for their booth in Houston. But it’s one of my favorites because it was an extreme honor to be asked to do it to begin with. The fabrics really aren’t my style and I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about the finished product when I started making it. Now that it’s done, I love it!
Quick and fun questions:
- Favourite colour: I’m loving orange and grey lately. But my “forever” favorite color is pink.
- What part of the quilting process do you like the most? Daydreaming
- What part of the quilting process do you dislike the most? MATH! And marking a top for quilting. That’s why I free motion nearly everything. I hate marking!
- Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or: Oh, come on. Like you don’t know?!
- Favourite super hero or comic book character: Was that in English?
- Most exciting place you’ve travelled: I’ve been to a lot of exciting places. I could never pick just one. Before life got so crazy I used to travel a LOT!
- Favourite quote or mantra: Just Keep Swimming.
Block 30 Bountiful
Here’s Lisa’s Bountiful block. Don’t let his block intimidate you. Head over to Lisa’s blog for the excellent photo tutorial.
Share Your Photos
Upload your completed blocks to our Flickr group for a chance to win some adorable buttons from Button Mad – Incomparable Buttons. One winner for each of our quilt-along blocks will be randomly chosen. You have two weeks to complete Lisa’s Bountiful block to be eligible to win.
Please share the Quilt-Along graphic on your own blog. The more participants, the more FUN!
Download My FREE Gift for You:
Stay in touch ... Join my NEWSLETTER: