In last month’s anniversary blog post one of the most requested features is guest bloggers. I totally agree. Last February, I did guest blogger month with 58 guests. It was fabulous to learn about such talented quilters from around the world, but way too much work on such a grand scale.
For 2010 I’d like to feature one guest blogger a week. If you’d like to be a guest, first, read other guest blogger posts to get an idea of what others have written about.
I don’t have any specific guidelines and I am pretty much open to whatever you would like to write about. I do ask that it not be too commercial or hard-sell in nature. That’s not to say you can’t mention your business adventures, you certainly can, as part of the overall write-up. (I accept advertising, so if you’d like to write specifically about your product or business, drop me an email to discuss.)
Here are some ideas on what you could write about:
- your own quilting history, how did you get started quilting
- what do you love and/or hate about the process
- tips, techniques, tutorials
- product reviews (not your own product please)
- where you are from, where you’ve been, where you’re going
- what you’ve done, awards won, contests entered, personal achievements (smile on a grandchild’s face!)
- what technique(s) do you want to learn this year, or further perfect
- if you blog, why?
- met anyone famous from the quilting world?
- do you have a mentor or idol, if so, who and why?
- charity efforts, teaching events, retreats, cruises, etc.
Everyone loves to see photos, so I encourage you to include a few with your submission (no more than six please). Please submit photos with a minimum size of 350px wide and a maximum of 500px wide.
Content should be written directly in the email you send to me as plain text, or as an attached text document. Please no MS Word or other publishing program. Do not embed your write up in the email. Have questions, please ask first! Links to your site(s) should be included in the write up, just put them in brackets, and I’ll link them correctly.
Ideally, I’d just like to copy and paste the text and not have to edit it in anyway. I do reserve the right to edit and/or refuse to post anything submitted. If you are in doubt if what you wish to talk about is acceptable or not, just email me first.
If you’d like to participate as a guest blogger, please send me an email about what you’d like to write about and I’ll schedule you a publication date.
Look for this week’s guest blogger post tomorrow morning.
P.P.S Calling all Ontario quilters living in the Greenbelt .. there’s a new challenge from the Ontario Crafts Council. Check out the info posted on the Quilter’s Connection Blog.
Download Five FREE Quilt Block Tutorials:
Stay in touch ... Join my NEWSLETTER: