Border Thoughts?

I started working on my Spring Blooms Mini Quilt last night. At Quilt Market, I picked up this kaleidoscope block kit from The Quilted Corner. The pieces were all prepared, all I had to do was put it together. It took about an hour to make.

It finishes at 12″ and I’d like to make it a bit bigger. I’m thinking a 1/2″ black border, followed by 1.5″ peach border. Trying to decide if I should make the peach border 2″ and then bind in black, or leave it at 1.5″ and add a black border of 2″ and then bind in peach.

Suggestions?

bloom-quilt

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someoneShare on StumbleUpon

Download Five FREE Quilt Block Tutorials:

Five Free Block Library Tutorials

Stay in touch ... Join my NEWSLETTER:

This post was published on June 7th, 2009. Post topics: My Quilting Journey. Post tags: .

9 Responses to “Border Thoughts?”

1. cher says:

my two cents- black/peach, bind in black…it frames it nicely without taking away from the center block too much.

2. Betsy Lynn says:

I think the peach in 2 inches would look great along with the black inner border.

3. laineybirdy says:

Love the pink border and black inner border. I think I would do a black binding also. Lovely fabric and pretty quilt!

4. Kathi says:

I see butterflies fluttering around the border of this quilt, Michele!

5. DAVET Nicole says:

I like the choice for the colours

But why not tiny pink diamonds on a pale-blue or black back for the border ?

Great ideas thanks ladies. I found a gorgeous piece of Ricky Tims fabric that I think looks perfect. Will put on the borders this afternoon. Will post a photo later.

7. MaryLou Rupp says:

Wow, what a great block. Have you tried the peach next to the block perhaps 1″ and then black? Peach might be a gentle way to stop the eye and the black will finish it. The website where you found this is really something. The cost for 12 blocks in a kit is really quite reasonable considering its pre-washed, ironed and cut. All you have to do is sew it together. Very, very yummy.

8. I see a bit of yellow/gold in the butterfly fabric. Can you add a flange/piping of that yellow between the block and the inner black border? I think it would make the whole thing just POP!

paula.thequilter’s last blog post..Making things

9. ldwyer says:

Beautiful quilt! I’d use the 1/2-in. black border and 2-in. peach border. Bind in peach. Adding the outside black border or binding in black will draw the eye away from the center of the quilt; not towards it. Good luck in your choice!

ldwyer’s last blog post..The Binding Thingy

Comments are now closed for this blog post.
Need help? Contact me!