Greetings from Spring Market

Pittsburgh is absolutely gorgeous! If you ever get a chance to drive here, I highly recommend it (probably not in the winter though). There are rivers, huge hills (are they mountains??), a tunnel and gorgeous bridges everywhere.

It has been very fun filled days of Spring Market so far. Today is the second day of the show. If you’re here, you can find Judy Laquidara and I at Booth 1353. I have met so many wonderful people… it’s great to be able to meet in person those that have been guest bloggers on here, readers of this site, and Twitter and Facebook friends. I really am overwhelmed, but in a very good way.

Here are a couple of photos of the booth, I’ll try to take better ones today and some close ups of the quilts. I reproduced the two logo quilts, Quilting Gallery and Quilt Shop Locator, made a table runner using the logo fabrics, and made the two large map quilts (these are ~58×70″ each). Judy quilted the map quilts for me on her longarm. Remember the yo yos I purchased ages ago? Now you can see what I wanted them for.

booth

fb-usa

Posted: May 16th, 2009

Topics: Quilt Gallery

7 Responses to “Greetings from Spring Market”

1. Geta says:

I love the logo quilts and the map quilt is great as well.
    And I saw the bowls :)

Good luck on the Market !

Geta’s last blog post..Mary’s shadow trapunto quilt

Hi Geta,

I have not found your quilt. Little time to run around, but I keep trying to take a different aisle each time hoping to find it. I took some photos, which I’ll post on the web site, so you can see how the quilts are displayed. It’s a huge area of gorgeous inspiration!!

Do you know what exhibit your quilt is in? There are 6 different ones. What does it look like? I willl take a photo as soon as I found it.

Yes, the bowls are are huge hit, and I haven’t made Judy wear it as a hat (YET!!)

Michele

3. Virginia Hendricks says:

OOOO!

I walked past your booth today! Neat!

Glad to see the booth, only sorry I’m not seeing it in person! Sounds like you’re having a good time! I hope it’s a productive time too! The booth looks great!

5. Dorothy says:

Mishka, your booth looks great! Hope you’re enjoying the experience and making lots of contacts. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventure.

Dorothy’s last blog post..Happy Mother’s Day

6. Jennifer says:

I don’t see that you have visited Washington state!!!

Hey Jennifer,

No, I have not visited Washington State yet. The farthest west I’ve been in the north is Wisconsin, and in the south, is Nevada. One day!

However, the yo yos on the map represent the shops in the Quilt Shop Locator, not where I’ve travelled.

Cheers,