The leaves are definitely falling here in Ottawa. We’ve even had a few nights dip just below freezing; however the past couple of days have been glorious sunshine (mostly). I was lucky enough to head over to a friend’s house on the weekend in Gatineau Park to enjoy the beautiful colours of the season while walking her new puppy. It’s also Thanksgiving this weekend here in Canada… yummy food, relaxing with good friends and family (if they are close enough) and hopefully some time in the sewing room.
And, it’s the perfect time to start the next photo contest here at the Quilting Gallery. I really enjoyed seeing everyone’s creations and reading the wonderful comments from the Lazy Days of Summer Photo Contest. I hope you did too!
I’m pleased to announce the Falling Leaves Quilt Show Photo Contest. This contest will feature quilting projects that have a Fall/Autumn, Halloween, Harvest and/or Thanksgiving theme.
I adore all the fall colours and can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on or what you have done in the past. There are three wonderful prizes up for grabs too (see below).
Send me a photo via email of your Fall/Autumn quilting project that you completed. If it’s not 100% done, that’s OK too. Just one submission per person, please.
Submissions will be accepted up to the end of November 15, 2008. Voting will commence shortly after.
Please read: When you send me an email, don’t forget to include:
- the photo (minimum of 350 pixels wide)
- a name or title for your quilt/project (so I know what to call it)
- your name
- your blog or web site address (if you would like me to link to you)
That’s all, really simple. Now, before you send me an email, please make sure you’ve included the four items above.
I would like to thank the three generous ladies below for their donations for this contest. Please visit their sites… what’s a contest without prizes!
- Dorothy Baker has donated three wonderful patterns: Pieces from my Heart, Chugach Pine, and Home is the Happiest Place Pillow.
- Laura Sampsel from the Fabric Square Shop donated a gorgeous Moda Woodland Greetings Layer Cake by Sentimental Studios which includes 40 prints – 10″ x 10″ squares.
- Patsy Thompson has donated one of her free-motion machine quilting instructional DVDs, Fast and Free! Volume 0.5
Feel free to use the Falling Leaves graphic up above to help promote the contest on your site… Thanks for your support!
Stay in touch ... Join my NEWSLETTER: